Apologies for the lack of posts lately. I have recently purchased a 1960′s bungalow with no central heating so my time will be pretty limited over the next few months however I will do my best to update as often as possible especially to record progress.
Although it needs plenty of work and the floor plan is quite unusual, I loved the bungalow as soon as I set eyes on it. It looks like a retirement home in a peaceful cul-de-sac. The lounge is large with big windows which lets plenty of sunshine in.
The project will involve structural alteration, redecoration and quite possibly lots of money and dedication. Fortunately my amazing dad who has many years experience renovating properties has agreed to help me out which will cut down on the labour costs immensely.
I plan on renovating the bungalow in two stages…
- Getting rid of the current storage radiators and install central heating
- Moving the bathroom wall to make space for a bath
- Updating the kitchen
- Replacing the flooring and painting every room
- Demolishing and rebuilding the extension of two rooms at the rear of the bungalow as they currently resemble sheds with a tin roof
- Installing a wood burner in the lounge
- Updating the bathroom
I will post some before and after pictures as soon as I can, I’m going to be very busy, wish me luck!